The easiest way to find a book is by using the search that appears at the top of every page on our web site. Search either by *Title *ISBN *Author or *Publisher and hit the “Search” button.
THE MOST ACCURATE WAY TO FIND A BOOK THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS TO SEARCH BY ISBN.
The ISBN is the 13 digit barcode that every book has, and it always starts with the numbers “978”. You can find it on the back of the book either above or below the barcode (see example on the right), unless you have been given the ISBN by somebody. Every book has its own unique ISBN, so you can be sure that you will be ordering the correct book if you search for it by ISBN.
If for some reason you are unable to find the book you are looking for, please let us know and we will hunt the book down for you in “offline” mode. Just because a title might not be listed on our web site, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist! A note of caution here though: Our web site does not tolerate bad spelling, so please check that you have spelled each word correctly before you contact us.
Please also remember that we only stock a limited number of books, so it is important that you check the delivery time next to each title to determine whether you are able to wait the stipulated time for your book while you make photostats of your best friend’s copy, or borrow a copy from your local library – we think the latter is the safer option.
- Once you have found the book you are looking for and you would like to place an order for this book, type in the number of copies that you would like to order in the block below the price of the book, and then click on the “Buy” button.
- The book is then added to your virtual shopping basket.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT KEEP STOCK OF EVERY BOOK LISTED ON OUR WEB SITE.
Please check the delivery time alongside each book before placing your order with us. Books that we have to import generally take between 3-5 weeks to reach our offices, and books published in South Africa generally reach our offices within 5-10 days. If a title is marked as “In Stock”, we have copies available for immediate despatch and these books will leave our offices within 24 hours once we have received your order*
- If you would like to proceed with your order, check that you have selected the correct book and the correct quantity, and if you are happy, click on the “Continue” button to the bottom right of the page.
- You will then be taken to a page where you will enter our secure checkout process. This means that everything you enter from here on out will be encrypted and secure, and nobody else, not even the CIA, will be able to see what you’re typing.
- As a new user, you will be required to enter your email address, a password of your choice, as well as your first and last name. Click on the “Create Account” button.
- If you have ordered from our web site before, enter your email address and password as you entered it when you created your account the first time you purchased from us. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot your Password” link and an email reminder will be sent to you immediately.
- You will then be taken to a page where you will be required to enter your shipping and billing address. Please rest assured that we don’t actually put your parcels on a ship, it is just an Americanism for “delivery”. In other words, in the spaces provided to the left of the page, enter your delivery address, which would either be your PO Box address or your street address.
- You will also need to enter your billing address. The billing address is the address of the person who is responsible for paying for the books (which would usually be you). Your shipping and billing address would only be different if you were, for example, sending a book on the repair of false teeth to your great grandmother in Wales. In this case, your great grandmother’s address would be entered into the Shipping Address column, and your own address would be the Billing Address. If your Shipping and Billing address is the same, simply tick the box which says “Ship to same address”.
If your order totals more than R1000 and you live or work in South Africa, courier delivery or postage to your home or office is free if the address is in a main city centre.
COLLECT YOUR ORDER FROM US
You also have the option of collecting your order from our offices in Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg (which is in Gauteng, South Africa). We're open from 9am until 4pm, Monday through Friday. Please let us know if you're coming through and we'll make sure that we e-mail or fax directions to you so that you don't get lost!
FINALISE YOUR ORDER AND MAKE PAYMENT
- You would then move over to the right hand side of the page and enter your payment method.
- You can either pay by credit card, Instant EFT, or manual EFT/ Direct Deposit (Our banking details are provided on the page).
- Unfortunately we do not accept payment on delivery. All payments must be made before we can supply your books to you!
- Agree to the terms and conditions of our site (please read them), type in any special instructions (such as “My great grandmother has her afternoon nap between 1pm and 3pm, so please don’t call her about her order during this time”), and check that everything you have entered is correct.
- Once you have completed all the lines, and you are 100% happy that you have ordered the correct book, that you are sending it to the correct address, and that you have entered the correct payment method, click on the “PLACE MY ORDER” button at the bottom of the page to complete your order.
- If you are paying by credit card or Instant EFT, you will be redirected to a secure payment page administered by Virtual Card Services (VCS) where you will be able to submit your credit card details or connect to your bank to process your Instant EFT.
- You will then be taken to a page where your order is acknowledged and you will be allocated a store order number which you can use if you ever need to contact us in connection with your order. This order acknowledgement will also be sent immediately to the email address you used when you logged in.
WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO?
If you are stuck at any point, please give us a call on +27 (011) 958-2474 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org – we have real, live human beings working behind the scenes who are more than happy to assist you with any questions that you might have.