Is this your first time buying Snapplify e-books? Don't worry, it might seem a bit overwhelming, but it's really easy. Just follow the instructions below and you'll be set up in no time at all.
The trick to using Snapplify for the first time is that you begin by purchasing your e-books on our Snapplify web site, and then download them into the Snapplify app on to your tablet. To do this you need to first log on to our Snapplify online store, sign up as a new user (create a user name and password), and then download the Snapplify app on to your tablet, logging in using the SAME user name and password. The books you purchase on the Snapplify online bookstore will automatically fill up the shelves of the "library" on the app on your tablet as soon as you have paid for them on the Snapplify online store.
Connect to Red Pepper’s online Snapplify store by clicking on the link below, or simply copy and paste the address into your browser’s search bar:
Log in with your user name and password from the login tab at the top of the page and follow the steps below from Step 3.
If you have not purchased from Red Pepper’s online Snapplify store before, you must register a new account by clicking on the link below, or simply copy and paste the address into your browser’s search bar:
· Click on the Sign Up tab at the top of the page
· Create a username and password and complete your contact details in the boxes provided
· Remember to make a note of your username and password as you will need it later
· When you are done, click on the box that looks like this:
· Type in the ISBN of each book that you would like to download into the search bar at the top of the page, clicking on the Add to Cart button to add each book to your shopping cart.
· As you add books to your shopping cart, you will see the number of e-books in your cart displayed at the top of the page.
Alternatively, check to see whether your school's textbook list has been added as a book list by clicking on the blue "Browse book lists" button at the top of our Snapplify store's home page (example below). If your school is listed, simply add all the books for your grade to your cart in one easy click. You can easily remove the books you don't need from your cart once you've added them, and it's quicker than adding one book at a time.
Once you have added all the e-books you require to your shopping cart, click on the Cart tab at the top of the page and click on the Confirm button at the bottom of the page.
You will be directed to a secure payment gateway where you will be asked to type in your credit card details. Please note that only cheque and credit cards are accepted, no debit cards. Your bank may require that you submit a one time PIN to confirm the transaction.
· Once your payment has been confirmed, your e-books will be ready to download on to your tablet.
You also have the option of paying by EFT. Once you have made payment using the order reference number provided during the checkout process, send your proof of payment to email@example.com. Please note that your order will only be approved on the Snapplify platform once your payment has cleared in our account, and this can take up to 48 hours.
· Download and install the Snapplify app from the app store on your tablet. The Snapplify app is available free of charge.
Look out for the following image so that you know you are downloading the correct app:
· Find the Snapplify app on your tablet, and log in using the username and password that you chose when you created your account in Step 3.
· Click on Library at the bottom of the page, and the e-books that you purchased online will start downloading into your library. To download a book, tap on it, and tap on the "Download" button. Depending on the size of the book, this might take some time. Make sure that you have a strong internet connection while you are downloading your books. Once the download is complete, navigate to the "Reading" tab to open and read the book.
· You will NOT need to be connected to the Internet to read your e-books once they have downloaded into your library.
· Please note that some e-books (especially those published by Via Afrika) are large files, so please ensure that you have sufficient data to cover your downloads. You will be able to check the file size (in MB) while you are shopping online (see below for an example):
If you're having any trouble downloading e-books or using the platform, please call the Snapplify support desk on 021-975-7192, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org