Browse by Category
- Art, Music and Photography
- Agriculture and Farming
- Architecture, Landscaping & Interior Design
- Business and Management
- Children's Educational Books
- Cookbooks and Beverages
- Cultural Studies
- Earth Sciences, Geography & The Environment
- Education (Schools, Higher Education, Study & Teaching Skills)
- Energy Technology
- Engineering and Veterinary Science
- Environment (Ecology, Conservation, Recycling & Sustainability
- Family and Health (Parenting, Safety, Fitness, Home Nursing)
- Finance & Accounting
- Geography (Maps, Human-Physical-Regional)
- Hobbies, Games, Magic, Quizzes
- Home Maintenance Tips and DIY
- Humanities (Religion, Mythology, Philosophy, Psychology, History & Archaeology)
- Industries (Cinema, Radio & TV, Music, Press, Publishing, IT, Advertising)
- Languages, Linguistics & Literature
- Library and Information Science
- Life Sciences (Taxonomy, Bio-ethics, Ecology, Evolution, Genetics & Neuroscience)
- Mathematics and Science
- Media and Communication Studies
- Military Science
- Mind, Body & Spirit (Astrology, Feng Shui, Alternative Therapies)
- Natural History & Pets (Zoos, Farms, Trees, Fungi, Rocks & Minerals)
- Reference Works (Encyclopedias, Library Resources)
- Research Methods
- Sociology & Social Issues
- Sport and Outdoor Recreation
- Travel & Holiday Guides + Language Phrasebooks
E-books for Libraries
123Library is a leading international ebook aggregrator based in the United Kingdom. 123Library specialises in the building of ebook collections worldwide. 123Library has partnered with Red Pepper Online in South Africa to provide an ebook solution geared towards academic, corporate and government libraries in South Africa, in particular those with specialised collections and/or a smaller budget.
123library continues to develop strong partnerships with leading publishers including Informa Healthcare, Manson, Royal Society of Medicine, Radcliffe, Jessica Kingsley, Hodder Education, Academic Press, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Sage Publications, Elsevier, Wiley Blackwell and ASM Press. 123library adds hundreds of eBooks on a monthly basis to increase the online content range for their eBook subscribers.
Although you can browse through 123library's online catalogue and buy one eBook at a time, 123Library also presents their catalogue as helpful 'Collections'. Online collections of eBooks allow you to more easily find the type of electronic books that you want and to better appreciate the range of online material that is available in your field of interest. Should you wish to buy a collection of eBooks in a given field, it can be achieved quickly and simply in a few clicks.
Rather than purchasing an expensive eBook reader that may rapidly become obsolete and will make you dependent on one ebook supplier, 123library's e-book platform works with every recent computer system or mobile device. 123library's web-based ebook reader preserves the original formatting of the page as published in print, and gives you a clear and crisp image regardless of the complexity of the book. It is ideal for educational, academic and reference titles.
Why should you choose 123Library's eBook service for YOUR library?
|The Digital Library
123Library offers an online ordering service for eBooks, with free selection and no minimum order. eBooks are compatible with a wide range of modern library standards and technologies, including MARC, COUNTER, ONIX, OAI-PMH, link resolvers, and many more.
|Intelligent Research Tools
123library's powerful cross-library search, annotation and cross-referencing tools and compatibility with all major bibliography software provides an ideal research companion.
Own your ebooks outright with perpetual ownership, with no platform fee or minimum order. 123library's competitive pricing enhances your library with digital texts providing incredible value for money.
|Advanced eReader Software
123library's super-fast, feature-rich online eReader presents ebooks with a crisp fully-scalable image and the ability to zoom in, copy text, print, and download. Compatible with mobile, tablet and all major desktop browsers (including support for older browsers such as Internet Explorer 7).
The 123Library catalogue currently contains over 110,000 ebooks, available to easily view online via your computer or mobile device, or to download to any compatible device.
Browse ebooks by subject using the tree below, or alternatively browse by collection, by publisher, see the latest ebooks, or search using the search box at the top of the page.
123library has made many ebooks available in "Collections" for convenient subscription options. Some of the available Collections are listed below. They allow you to quickly find the ebooks that interest you. You are however free to remove or add any item of your choice from a given Collection before purchasing.
- Adhesives, Coatings, Sealants & Inks
- Autism & Asperger Syndrome
- Biochemistry - Molecular Biology - Microbiology
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Business Process Management
- Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
- Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
- Civil Engineering & Construction Materials
- Computer Sciences - Theoretical
- Core Medical Collection: Textbooks and References
- Cost accounting & Financial Management
- Economics Finance and Business Management
- Electrical & Power Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electronics & communications engineering
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Elsevier Health Textbooks
- Environmental Law, Policy & Planning
- Family and Health Care Collection
- Gastroenterology Hepatology
- General Public: for the informed patient and family
- Geriatrics & Palliative care
- Haematology Transfusion Transplantation
- Health Management and Public Health
- Human Resources Management
- Infectious Diseases & Immunology
- International Law, Arbitration, Reform Act
- Management & Business Administration
- Mechanics & Mechanical Engineering
- Medicine in Spanish language
- Metabolism & Endocrinology
- Nursing Leadership & Management
- Pain Management & Algology
- Paediatric palliative care
- Pharmacology & Drug development
- Physics & Chemical Physics
- Pre-clinical medicine: basic sciences
- Reproductive & Maternal Health
- Safety & Industrial Hygiene
- Soil & Water Resource Management
- Statistics & Data Analysis
- Sustainable Energy & Development
- T & F Best Selling Medical Titles
- Teaching skills development
- Technology, Engineering and Farming
- Travel and Tourism/Holiday Information
- Urban & Fisher Medical Collection
- Western Language and Literature
123Library offers several useful ebook-related tools:
- Subject code tools (BIC/BISAC conversion and interpretation)
- Bibliographic and reference management tools
- Embed ebooks into your Learning Management System or intranet
- Duplicate identification tool: avoid ordering ebooks which you already own
- Availability tool: find out which books from your list are available on 123Library
Why should YOUR library be using 123Library?
|No minimum order - your library can purchase one book or one thousand. Build your library as your budget allows.
||No platform fee - ever!
|Industry standards compliance
||Online ordering system
|Universal eBook reader compatible with all recent computers and mobile devices
||Preserved formatting and excellent clarity for complex books with graphics and images
|Online COUNTER compatible statistics
||Online MARC records
|Real people to help you select the right books for your collection
||Online help desk (UK) and local support and training (South Africa)
|Choice of business model
Interested in using 123Library?
If you are interested in signing up as a 123Library customer (we offer a 3-month trial should you require) please contact us by email or call us on 011-958-2474 or 011-958-2474, 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday.